Through the wonderful world of social media, friends can be found and made. Especially across our beautiful and unpopulated state of Wyoming you don't just bump in to one another that easily. Recently, I saw an adorable post by a young mother who has gained acclaim by blogging about life on the prairie. So we chatted about collaborating and seeing if our paths could cross anywhere and of course they do!
Just a quick bio on our girl Prairie Wife in Heels...
Cathy Holman goes by the IG handle @prairieheels or PrairieWifeinHeels.com hailing from Casper, WY. She is currently spot-lighting on the radio station K2 Radio every Friday at 9:15 am. AM 1030 and every weekend on Casper's Country Station 95.5. Her blog's mission is to support other women and their families through humorous, honest and heartfelt blog posts about her experiences. Her aim is to encourage others to lead their lives with grit and grace so they can discover the "prairie wife" within......
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Yields: 13 1/2 pint jars
- 10 cups of Dandelion Heads (unsprayed)
- 6 cups of Water
- 2 Boxes of Powdered Pectin (3/4 cup)
- 4 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 9 cups of Sugar
- Canning Jars - Mixture of 8oz and 4oz jars so cute to give away!
- Strainer with Fine Holes
Mixin' it Up
1. Pick your dandelions
2. Using sharp scissors cut the yellow petals off and avoid getting the green parts of the stem and gathering in a heat safe covered container.
3. Boil 6 cups of water
4. Pour boiling water over yellow petals and cover seeping overnight to make "dandelion tea"
5. Strain the tea into a large pot. If the liquid doesn't add up to 6 cups add remaining water to make 6 cups.
6. Add Lemon Juice and Pectin to strained mixture stirring constantly until it boils.
7. Add sugar and boiling 2 minutes longer stirring constantly.
8. Pour mixture into jars and Can according to your usual method