Mini Coconut Lime Tartletts with Whipped Mint Creme Fraiche
For our second series of Style Wednesday, I entitled it "Herbs, Ferns and Books" and Katherine of "Katherine's Kitchen" and myself baked up a fabulous library menu based on fresh herbs. All of our goodies were focused on what you would serve during "tea time" in the library. It was so much fun as we collaborated with @foxtailbooks a boutique library curator and @flowersbychloejh who gave us some fabulous ferns and herbs to style our table. The centerpiece of course was an assortment of books brought by Christy Smirl herself (foxtailbooks) and other lovely books from @twentytwohome. Our table was styled with Gluten Free/Sugar Free Berry Scones with a Almond Whipped Crème and Berry Liquor Compote, Black Pepper and Fennel Breadsticks, Lemon Rosemary Filled Cookies, Old-Fashioned Raspberry Jam Cake from Bonnie's (aka Granny) Southern Kitchen, Quiche Adorned with Herbs and these Mini Coconut Lime Tartletts with Whipped Mint Crème Fraiche. Voila! Tea Time!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Yields: 12 large or 24 mini tarts
Preheat Oven to 350℉
Coat your mini muffin pan with cooking spray
For the yummy crust:
- 1 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 cup of sweetened Coconut
- 6 Tablespoons of Melted Butter
- 4 Tablespoons of the sugar
- dash of salt
- Mix these items together and with your hands press into the small mini muffin circles making sure they leave room for the filling. Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup of Key Lime juice
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can of condensed milk (14 oz)
- s1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime zest from lime peel
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 3 sprigs of chopped up mint
- With an electric mixer, whip these items and pour into the cooled off mini crusts. Make sure you cool completely. Bake for 11-13 minutes.
For the ultimate Whipped MInt Crème Fraiche:
- Beat 1 3/4 cup of heavy creme until it forms peaks adding:
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Lime Zest
- 5 sprigs of mint chopped up finely
- Chill and add this until you are ready to serve !
Puttin' it Together
You will want to chill your little mini coconut lime pies for about 3-4 hours before taking them out of the mini muffin pan. They should slide right out if you are careful using a rubber spatula to slide them out. Place them on the serving dish you will use. Load your handy Norpro Decorating Icing Set up with the whipped crème and top those babies with a very professional look adding a sprig of min, toasted coconut or a sliver of lime for accent.
New West Styling Tips
Can’t wait for you to send me a photo of your Mini's styled and eaten! Please tag @stylingthenewwest! or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.